Bromsgrove Labour Party Chair, Rory Shannon congratulated Kuldip Sahota on his selection as the party candidate for the May’s election and said, “I look forward to working with Kuldip over the coming months”.
Under this Conservative Government West Mercia Police has lost over £91million, this means less Police officers on our streets and crime increasing.
Kuldip said “As the former Chair of the Telford & Wrekin Police Board, I understand how to win the best deal for our Police. Under the Tory Police & Crime Commissioner, the level of knife crime, robberies and violent crime has increased. Instead of a costly reorganisation of our Police under this Tory Commissioner, I would prioritise getting the resources our Police force desperately needs”.
“Strong community policing matters to me and every resident of West Mercia that is why in my first term I would:
- Focus frontline policing on tackling County Lines & anti-social behaviour.
- Recruit and retrain specialised staff to keep Police on the streets not behind the desk.
- Implement a true living wage and trade union practices for staff.
- On day one I would scrap the costly takeover of the Fire & Police forces in West Mercia.
- Unlike the Tory Commissioner, I would work closely with all partners, and neighbouring police forces to get the best from West Mercia Police.
As your Labour Police & Crime Commissioner, we could achieve so much more”