|Today, Labour will launch a manifesto in every region of England, setting out Labour’s plans to bring wealth, power and prosperity to every community after years of neglect.
Labour’s regional manifestos show how Labour’s plans to take on vested interests and deliver change will benefit every person and community in Britain through free education, affordable homes, more reliable public transport and secure, well-paid jobs.
The regional manifestos will be launched alongside further details of Labour’s £250 billion Green Transformation Fund – an “investment blitz” on a scale unseen since the Second World War. This investment will breathe new life into local economies across the country and bring pride back to communities by kick-starting a Green Industrial Revolution in every part of the UK.
• Green Transformation Fund also sets out funding for measures previously announced by the party including:
• Building 150,000 council and genuinely affordable homes a year by the end of the Parliament
• Improving the energy efficiency of almost every all of the UK’s 27 million homes;
• Solar power, offshore and onshore wind;
• Electric vehicle manufacture
• Infrastructure and mass expansion of public transport, a mass tree planting programme and enhanced flood defences.
The regional manifestos will detail how each region will benefit from these investments.
This election is a chance to bring our country back together. Labour will govern for the whole of Britain, handing wealth and power back to every community and giving everyone a better life.
It’s time for real change, it’s time for a Labour government.